Friday, August 20, 2004

Kim’s “We Gotta Catch Up” Friday Five: This is ridiculous how long its been since I wrote…Emily even had to do last week’s Friday Five while I was in Cleveland. So….in order to catch up with all of you (whoever you are) here is my special Friday Five.
-- What was the last trip you went on? I went to Cleveland from last Friday morning until Monday night. On Friday, I had lunch with my dad at That Place (formally That Place on Bellflower), met some of my dad’s colleagues who do alumni relations, met with an alumnus (yes, a little work on my vacation), and had dinner with Chip and Abby at Ooma. (I think that’s what it was called) I was so excited to see Abby’s very pregnant belly, and I am so looking forward to the arrival of their daughter! I stopped by Jeff Stear’s parents’ house on my way home, because he was in Cleveland from GERMANY for one one more night. Saturday I hung out with family (including my traditional grocery shopping with mom) and saw my aunt and cousin from Israel (one of the main reasons I went home last weekend). My mom had a nice picnic on Saturday night, and my grandmother, her “special friend”, three aunts, one uncle, one “special friend” of an aunt, and two cousins came over. Sunday I had brunch with Arin at Yours Truly, and hung out with family for the rest of the day. Monday I had a meeting with 3 alumni, had lunch with my brother (who had just gotten in town), aunt and cousin, watched Kevin and Karin play basketball for awhile (Karin is my cousin who plays for the Israeli national basketball team) and then went to the airport.
-- What was the last major purchase that you made? I bought myself an early birthday present when I was in Cleveland, a Fuji F410 digital camera. Love it! Look for pictures soon!
-- What was the last disappointment you “suffered”? I came into work on Tuesday (after finding a flat tire on my car…but that’s another story) to an email from my cousin’s friend, asking me if I wanted to join her and some friends at the sold out Prince concert that night. Because I was feeling broke, plus I had plans that evening, I told her that I regrettably would need to decline. Just as my friend who I had plans with that night came into my office to say “Are you insane!?!! You’ll find the money, and we’ll reschedule!,” I got an email from the woman saying the ticket was FREE! I grabbed the phone to call her and say I would love to come, but she had just given away the ticket! Dumb me! I ended up meeting them for dinner beforehand, but was majorly bummed that I passed up an AWESOME chance to go to the show!
-- What are your plans for this weekend? Tonight I am going to dinner and the Lowell Spinner with Emily. Tomorrow there are 10 of us going camping on one of the Boston Harbor Islands (where it appears that we will be soaked) Sunday night I am going out to dinner with a group of people because a friend who moved to Texas is in town for the weekend.

-- What is yor last "overcoming procrastination" success story? I fianlly have the painters at my house finishing the job they started about 4 months ago! Now if I can just get my act together to call an electrician to put in a new outlet in my bedroom...so there isn't an extention cord going across the room.

No comments: