Friday, September 24, 2004

"Kimpossible-Cole's-Jewish-New-Year" Friday Five:
- Do you know who Kimpossible is? Yes, I know who the person is who writes this blog (KHC) and the Disney cartoon character that this is reference to. She (both) is a feisty redhead who is prone to wear black shirts, has lots of energy, had lots of great friends, take sh*t from no one, and likes to be in control. (See...that's why I picked the persona!) The funny part is that I have never watched a full episode.
- How many people with the last name Cole do you know? Even I know surprisingly few. I know the small Cole family, but I don't know if I *know* anyone else with that last name.
- What religion do you consider yourself? Culturally I consider myself Jewish. In terms of rituals and holidays, I also consider myself Jewish. There is certainly no other organized religion that I follow. My values and sense of being are compatible to Judaism, although they are also found in many other religions. I really treasure the High Holidays as a time to reflect, take the time to be still long enough to think about where I have been and where I would like to be going, and think about the kind of person I strive to be.
- What is the newest thing you have? Some wine I bought last weekend at a vineyard with Hilary and Steve in CT.
- What is your favorite year of your life? I think sophomore year of college. I had great friends, liked where I was living (with Major Mocha), was happy in my classes, and just felt good about my life. Unfortunately I would say that 1st-8th grade were hard for me because I was picked on a lot (not that I was miserable all the time but I wouldn't say they were the best years of my life) and I have serious tragedies in my life in high school. I have actually said that I think I have been happier every year since I was 13. I still think that stands if I base it on my self esteem, quality of life, sense of self, and overall joy.

No comments: