Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Mini Kamaji Reunion: I leave for Denver tomorrow, intitially for work, but staying for fun. I will host a young alumni planning meeting for the event I will do out there in October and conduct quite a few site visits of venues (for the young alumni event and other future events there). I have never been to Denver (or most of the "mountain" zone so I am very excited.) On Friday, I am meeting up with a woman I haven't seen since we were 17! Our dads went to the same boys camp in WI as kids, went to law school together, and were in each other's weddings. When I went to the sister camp of the boys camp as a kid, I met Alix, as our dads both wanted us to experience overnight camp in the north woods (our camp was in MN, not WI). Alix and I spent about 5 summers as campers there, and then were counselors for one summer when we were 17. Although I vaguely knew where she lived, that she went to law school, etc through our dad, we hadn't talked in 13 years. When I found out I would be going to Denver, I re-connected with her and I am spending Friday evening and Saturday with her. I am really looking forward to it. To top it off, she is going to try to reach another camp friend who lives in Breckenridge, CO to see if she can meet up with us. AND!!!!! She told me that another friend lives in San Fran, where I will be again in October. I will definitely try to track her down! So much fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big Ups to CN, my sister went to Kamaji, small world