Friday, January 20, 2006

The Return of Friday Five (well, a bit more than 5): Thanks to Em for reviving this tradition.
- What were you doing ten years ago? I was entering my final semester at Macalester College, but not really attending classes, as I was student teaching in a fifth grade and then sixth grade classroom. I was living IN the football stadium (a small, almost off-campus, dorm) I was unsure of my post-graduation plan, but knew I wanted to find a job doing reproductive health education.
- What were you doing five years ago? I had just moved to Boston (well, Cambridge to be exact) after finishing my Masters in Nonprofit Management. I was dating someone who lived in Worcester, MA. I was working at Teen Empowerment doing fund raising and organizational advancement.
- What were you doing one year ago? I was going to chiropractic three days a week, in hopes of finally ailing my back. (somewhat successful) I had just gotten back from a fantastic visit in Arizona with my college pal Eva. I was entering my second year living in my condo in Somerville.
- Five snacks I enjoy: ice cream, chips & guac, popcorn, Triskets & cheese, Sun Chips
- Five songs to which I know all the lyrics: “Greatest Love of All”, “I Will Survive”, the Oreo cookie theme song (Ice cream and an Oreo cookie, go together, made forever, the classic combination…), …hmmm….struggling here… “Happy Birthday” and “Mary Had a Little Lamb”
- Five things I would do if I were a millionaire: start a philanthropic foundation, go on at least one major international trip a year, go one a couple of trips with friends (my treat), buy new furniture for my house, eat out at all 50 restaurants on my list of places I want to go
- Five bad habits: interrupting people when they talk, getting impatient with other drivers, not changing my linens as often as I should, being short with my mom, thinking the WORST when someone is late/forgets to call/etc
- Five things I like doing: traveling, eating at restaurants, having quality time with friends, sleeping, dancing
- Five things I would never wear again: my high school prom dress, ….this one is stumping me….
- Five favorite toys: I better not go there.

No comments: