Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Good Spinal News: I went to my five week follow up appointment at the Spine Center this morning. The good news is that my MRI was basically ok, and just showed some minor swelling between two of my cervical vertebrae (neck). She said many people have this type of swelling, and that mainly what I have is soft tissue problems. She asked about my physical therapy (which, I must say, I have been kicking ass at!) and which exercises they are having me do etc. She asked what size weights I have been using for them. I told her 2 lb, and that even that was often very hard for some of the exercises. She said it sounded like I was doing well, but she would like to see me work up to 6 lb!!!! Admittedly, over time, but that seems incomprehensible right now. I am very proud of myself with how consciencious I can been in doing my exercises every day (maybe even too much...I made my arms/shoulders very sore over the weekend.) I think that, unlike the chiropractic care I have been doing for the last year (with good stretching at home) where I felt like I was passive to the treatment, I am working REALLY hard at the PT with the mindset that if I work hard enough, I will stop hurting. I am having trouble being patient, and want to feel better NOW. Anyhow, I was glad to get a good assessment from the Spine Doc and be on the right path with PT. 6lb....eee gad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment