Parenthetical Weekend in Review: Friday I "went home" with my friend Kathryn (all the way to Arlington...maybe 1.5 miles from my house). We changed into sporty gear and went on a great walk on the bike path. We went back to her place where she made up a yummy, fresh dinner (whole wheat pita filled with a salad of feta, cucumbers, lemony olive oil, and fresh basil, with garden fresh string beans and red grapes). We then walked to the new ice cream place in Teele Square (we sampled the coconut sumin' or other, mocha almond fudge, moose tracks, and black berry and then ended up with mocha almond fudge and moose tracks). We walked back to her place, chatted a bit, and then I went home.
Saturday I went to the Boston Harbor Islands (George's Island to be exact) amid UNBELIEVABLE fog. We couldn't even see the people in the front of the boat! We found a great grill and site on the un-busy side of the island to set up camp. We grilled (thanks to Kevin for the chicken sausage), ate lots of junk food (Triskets, Wheat Thins, cheeses, Pringles, animal crackers, Reese cups, potato chips...) and a few healthy things (carrots, hummos, grapes, blueberries). Some people played Frisbee, some flew a kite (so fun!), some read a book, some napped (ME ME ME), and some played games (Uno and Scrabble). And some got a sun burn when the fog went away (ME ME ME again...stupid stupid stupid) We got home around 7:00 (thanks again Em and Nat for the ride) and I just chilled.
Sunday I read the paper, Kev and Josh came by to get the stuff Josh was storing in my basement (we spent 40 minutes trying to extract the box spring from the basement!!!!!), I went to the grocery store, made my contribution for the potluck at work today (green pasta salad with spiral pasta with pesto, spinach and peas), and met Kev, Josh and Shana for dinner at the Forest Cafe. Oh, and I also watched the movie Raising Helen (C+) And here I am...back at work. Actually with quite a bit to do finally. And only 12 more days till my vacation to LA and Palm Desert!!!!!!
Monday, August 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment