Back from Istria: I'm back! As I reported to several people via email, I had a fabulous time. Of course, when you travel for work, with 29 people you have never met before, there are some people you prefer to others, but overall it was a great group of people. Most were between 65-80 years old, although one couple brought their daughter and son-in-law who were probably in their late 30s and two other women who were in their 40s. The weather was spectacular (quite a contrast to the weather in Boston). The scenery was so beautiful, including the Adriatic, cathedrals, Venice, castles and so much more. I am still working on formatting and labeling, as there are more than 300!!!
Some of the highlights were:
- getting a glimpse into not only the very ancient history of the castles and cathedrals, but the recent history of the end of socialism and creation of former-Yugoslav states into countries.
- a quick, but beautiful, trip to Venice
- food food food (their vegetarian stand-by is gnocchi with truffles...need I say more)
- drink drink drink. Not only do they have wine with lunch and dinner (often on a personal label from their own vineyards) but everywhere we went we were trying "moonshine". We drink about 6 times a day!
- cooking school. We went to a vocational school for cooking on the last day and had a BLAST! We cooked a great meal, but more importantly, we laughed and laughed!
Overall, a fabulous time.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment