Friday, May 26, 2006
Last Night: I had to miss last night's Whybunt game (the softball team for which I am the coach...I mean captain...I mean social chair...whatever!) because Emily and I had tickets to see Caroline, or Change. I had hear about this play about 3 years ago and was THRILLED when I saw it was going to be closing out the season of SpeakEasy Stage Company (for which Em and I have a subscription). First of all, the Whybunts, that won only one game two years ago and two games last year, won 22-5 last night! Granted, I wasn't there (although I did the line up and fielding) but I have been told there were double plays and a grnad slam! I can't wait until game 3 next week! What makes it worth missing the fabulous game (and of course drinks at the Muddy Charles, where a pitcher of beer is $6) was that the play EXCEEDED my high expectations! The play is set in 1963 in Louisiana and involves a Jewish family and the family of their black maid. Almost the entire play is presented in song, the set was AMAZING, the cast (including the young man who plays the 8 year old son) were fabulous, the story was compelling, and, of course, the company was great. AND, Em and I had wonderful pizza and homemade ice cream at PICCO (Pizza and Ice Cream Company) before hand. Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How does the pizza at Picco compare to other pizza places in Boston? I keep hearing mixed reports about it. Some say it's the best in town, and others say it isn't all that great. I definitely need to get there one of these days. They have outdoor seating there, don't they?
How far away is the ice cream place?
Post a Comment