Friday, July 01, 2005

Looking Forward to a Dip in Lake Me: (as my friend Amy says about needing personal time) In early September, I will be going out to California for ten days (well, two are mainly travel days). I will begin in LA for a day, and then drive to Palm Desert. After a week, I will drive back to LA for a day. Hopefully one, two or three people will be joining me for some of the week in Palm Desert, but I anticipate being there alone for a few days at least. As I have thought about this, I have realized that I am actually really looking forward to this time. Although I live alone, so obviously have “alone time”, when I am at home (which is not very often) I feel the need to get things done, run errands, hop out of bed when I wake up, get to bed in time to get a full night sleep, and, in true Kim fashion, be efficient in all that I do. The idea of being completely without schedule, commitments, obligations, and tasks is so very blissful (and foreign). Of course, I can do this when others are there too (and plan to) but I have been thinking a bit about this idea of getting away with just ME. I have ordered books to read, will find shops to wander, ice cream to eat, massages perhaps, pools to lounge by, and all without a schedule, priorities or pressure. Delightful!

No comments: