Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Parenting Gone Awry: (In my opinion) A new movement, called DiaperFreeBaby, is promoting parents to begin potty training as early as possible, sometimes as soon as four DAYS old. I have to laugh because a co-worker was potty training his two and a half year old this weekend. I guess he was two years late. Scary!

1 comment:

emily said...

Um, how can you possibly potty train a kid who can't walk or speak? At best, an infant could indicate to you (or you could somehow learn to interpret their subtle signals, etc) when the need arises, and then YOU would have to put them on the potty, etc. How is that more convenient for the parent than diapering? This is insane! Although I just remembered that in China kids don't wear diapers, they wear open-bottom pants and just go where/whenever until they get the hang of it, around 18 mos or so. Wow, kids are gross. ;-)