Monday, May 24, 2004

Weekend Recap: Friday night I went to Diva with Marshall, where I gourged myself on the "vegetarian for one"...which includes soup, veggie samosa, 2 mini-entrees, rice, puffy bread (don't know what its called...not naan), desert and coffee. Marshall was a very good sport as I dragged him to Kmart, Building 19, Home Depot, Target and several parking lots of places that ended up being closed. I was mainly looking for wicker furniture for my sunroom. I think I am going to end up getting chairs I saw at Pier 1 but I am still scoping out the best deal.

Saturday began with tag/garage sales with my upstairs neighbor Caroline. Although I didn't find wicker furniture (well, I found one but it was $150 and more expensive than the new stuff at Pier 1) but I did find a fun candle holder for $2...the candles to put on it cost a lot more than that! I then rested for a bit and went to staff an event at work for young alumni who supported our "Young Alumni Campaign". The food was good, alumni were friendly, and I got to take home a very pretty centerpiece, with the cool vase. As I went home, I stopped of at Pier 1 and Home Depot (where I bought spray paint for my Sunday project) By the time I got home it was about 8:00 so I finished my leftovers from Indian, watched In America on DVD (A-), and went to bed.

On Sunday, I got up to find no Sunday paper (PANIC) I watched some of the Sunday news programs and set out to spray paint the radiator cover in my bedroom. I ran out so I had to get in my car and drive all the way back to Home Depot (because the hardware stores close by are all closed on Sundays) to get more. Although it was rainy almost all day, the sun popped out at about 1:00 so I ran outside to go on a walk. I then went home to watch the Red Sox complete their sweep of the Blue Jays (yeah!)as I read the paper which had finally been delivered. Then, at about 6:30, I met Hilary and Steve at Christopher's for dinner. They were staying with me because Steve had a 6:30 a.m. flight back to MN this morning. Their exciting news is that they bought a house this week! After dinner we went back to my house to watch the season finale of Alias (which I don't watch but they are *really* into) and then went to bed. I barely even heard them when they got up at 4:30 this morning to leave. Ah, and now I'm here at work.

No comments: