Tuesday, May 04, 2004
Yesterday I had a meeting scheduled with the Communications Director of the MIT Dept of Civil & Environmental Engineering to discuss ways that their website could better link to the Alumni Associations programs and services that are for their alumni. When the woman walked into my office I immediately thought "this woman seems really cool and about my age...maybe we could have lunch some time". As we were about to end the meeting, she said something about mailing her mom a package for Mothers Day. I asked where her mom lived and she said "Minneapolis". Ah, I went to Macalester I told her. At which point she had a huge grin and said "I knew you looked familiar! I was best friends with Naomi Dean (friend of mine from Mac) and went to high school with Naomi and Hilary!" Turns out, she was at a couple of the same parties as me in college, stayed with Hilary when she first moved here and met Emily, and on and on and on! As they, its a small world after all! Maybe now she can be MY friend too. Oh, and she and her partner are getting married soon after May 17 (when same sex marriage becomes legal in MA...even if but briefly) so an early congrats to Sara and her partner (Fran I think)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment