Weekend Report: I am pleased to say that I had a really nice weekend. For those of you that care, here is the re-cap. On Friday night, I went to Curves with Em and then went home for a quiet night of watching several of the TV shows I had taped while I was in California. These included Survivor (although I already knew that Rupert won the second $1M because it was a headline on CNN.com), CSI: Miami, and NYPD Blue.
On Saturday, I had a very impromptu lunch with Hilary at Tamarind House (Thai) She was in town for a haircut and to pick up Steve at the airport and so we got to have a spontaneous girl's lunch. It was sooooo hot on Saturday though...I had intended to go on a walk but I only went as far as walking to the grocery store to buy some produce for my fruit salad (more on that in a minute.) Late afternoon, I went to a beer party that Marshall and his friend Brian were hosting. Marshall has gotten really into brewing his own beer and he had 4 beers on tap and one in bottles. I especially liked the Maiboch, the featured beer of the evening. I left around 8:30 to go home to prep for Sunday.
On Sunday, I had four wonderful women over for a Sunday Ladies Brunch. Very informal and a wonderful time. I made a great fruit salad, a spinach and cheese strata, bagels (thanks Em), Boston Cream Pie (thanks Jill), and mimosas. Nothing like champagne before noon.
Around 6:00, after watching the Red Sox lose to the Blue Jays and a quick nap, I met Marshall at The Burne for a good ole traditional jam, care of xxx Americana. (can't remember the first word) I finished watching the DVD of Phonebooth (C-) and went to bed. (Well I WENT to bed...sleep didn't come until 1:00 a.m.!)
Monday, May 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment