Wednesday, June 09, 2004
I'm back! Did you miss me? I returned from six days with the MIT Class of 1944 with a sore throat (from yelling into their hearing aids), tired (from joining them at the 7:30 a.m. breakfasts, their dinner dances that went until 11:00 p.m., and zillions of logistics and events in between), and filled with love, gratitude and wonderful stories. Although I couldn't do this every day, I have to say I had a absolutely delightful time with the 80 82-year olds. They were such a smart, fun-loving, insightful, close, and appreciative group of people. I have zillions of stories, but I will end up posting just a few. Suffice it to say, I was VERY well fed, well-loved, and run into the ground. One of the many highlights was dancing cheek to cheek with about 12 different 82 year old men at the dinner dance. Another reunion highlight, that didn't occur with the Class of 1944, but rather at the Tech Day event with all alumni, was a teleconference with a man from the Class of 1989. He couldn't come to his reunion because he is on the space station! He did a satellite feed to the event and we could hear each other perfectly. It is hard to explain the feeling we all had, but there were chills on everyone's arms and a huge smile on everyone's faces. Truly a once in a lifetime experience (well, at least in my lifetime...our children may look back and think "what's the big deal) Some days it is pretty cool that I work with these nerds at MIT. More on the amazing alumni in a bit...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment