Tuesday, June 01, 2004
Saturday: We woke up early (about 7:00!) and made some breakfast. We ate breakfast with place mats and cloth napkins at my dining room tables...I felt like I was at my grandparents' house...which felt nice. I so rarely eat in my dining room so it is always fun to feel civilized and eat in there. After getting ready for the day, we drove to Davis Square to hop on the T to Park Street (the Boston Common) It was a beautiful day (albeit a little windy) and we walked though the Common, past the State House and through the Public Gardens. Kevin had just signed a lease on an apartment right on the Gardens, next to the Ritz! We were not able to get in but we stopped by and took some pictures of the facade. We then walked up Newbury Street for awhile, stopping in several stores but mainly people watching. About 30 minutes after starting our walk up the street, Kevin called and said that he and his girlfriend Heather were also on Newbury Street so we walked a few blocks to meet up with them on the corner. We said some quick hellos, everyone checked each other out (Heather hadn't met any of us yet) and we split up again. Mom, Dad and I walked a few more blocks and we ate outside at Scoozi. We sat outside at a nice cafe table, where we had paninis and watched the people go by. After lunch we walked back down Newbury Street, through the Gardens and Commons, and walked to Fanieul Hall. The street performers were out so we watched some of them but then because to get tired so we headed back to the T to go home. When we got to Davis, Mom and I stopped for ice cream at JP Licks...I had coffee oreo and mom had half cappuccino crunch and half chocolate something. Then off we went to my place to rest a bit. After naps and "freshening up" we went to Harvard Square. We walked around a bit, including a stop in Globe Corner Bookstore for Dad, and then met up with Kevin and Heather at Henrietta's Table. (Mom bought a stuffed pig for her collection at the little store.) I thought the food was great (I had only been there for lunch before) and we ended the meal with a fabulous chocolate banana bread pudding sundae, with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream, as well as a cheesecake with fresh strawberries. Kev and Heather went to go meet up with some friends and the parents and I went back to my place. We watched the basketball game and off to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment