Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Some Days I Love This Job: As a thank you to the faculty I have arranged to speak at alumni clubs this year, I have had special mugs created. I have been hand delivering them around campus for the last week or two. Although I would love to meet the professors face-to-face (since most of them have been arranged via email, or maybe phone) most professors are not in their office or have an assistant to whom I hand the mugs. Anyhow, so today I was delivering the last bunch. One of my stops at the office of Nobel Laureate Wolfgang Ketterle. As I approached his office, I saw that there was no receptionist and he was just sitting at his desk working. He smiled as I peered in the door and kindly accepted the thank you gift. I had a huge smile on my face as I walked away from his office. Next, maybe I can meet Noam Chomsky or Lester Thurow.

1 comment:

emily said...

WOW -- the man invented a new state of matter! Kim's brush with greatness du jour...BTW, I met N.Chomsky a few times, he is a friend of a former employer and a nice, professorial type -- just don't bring up politics i guess. :P