The Insanity Begins: Today is the first day of Tech Reunions, MIT's annual reunions. I am "hosting" the Class of 1944, including joining them in Mystic, CT. I like seniors and find them to be very interesting and appreciative of your efforts (more so than younger alumni) but I am sure I will be absolutely exhausted at the end of almost a week hanging out with 75 82-year olds. Here is the outline of my schedule:
Thursday (today): Hang out at registration to say hi and introduce myself as alumni arrive, dinner at Legal Seafoods, Boston Pops concert, load people onto bus at 11:00 and go HOME
Friday: Tour of the new (and very cool but yet to be seen by me) Geary building on campus called the Stata Center, lunch on a boat cruise on the Charles River (the river MIT and Harvard are on), dinner at Siro's Restuarant in Quincy on the harbor.
Saturday: Help staff Tech Day (the day of intellectual content, about the car this year), Tech Day lunch, get in car and drive to Mystic, CT. I am getting a head start on the 40 cars filled with 82-year olds! Yikes! Reception and dinner at hotel (We are all staying at the Hilton)
Sunday: Mystic Seaport, lunch (hopefully at the famous Mystic Pizza), boat cruise on ancient steam driven vessel, Mystic Aquarium, clam bake at Seaman's Inn
Monday: Pequot Museum, Foxwoods Casino (?), Nautilus sub tour, dinner dance at hotel
Tuesday: Special breakfast, facilitate class elections, drive my tired ass back to Boston
I am tired just typing it! Suffice it to say I will not be writing in the next few days I would guess!
Thursday, June 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment